Beyond the Box is a family owned and operated IT service and support company headquartered in Melbourne Victoria. We are on the lookout for a Helpdesk Support Officer to join our team.
Our team are responsible for supporting the technology needs for a wide range of users in the education, corporate, government and consumer spaces.
In this role, you will be part of a team supporting a network of K-12 schools in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs. With varied infrastructure and a great user base, this is an opportunity to learn and expand your IT skills in an interesting & fast paced environment.
You will need to have a strong work ethic and be prepared to “go the extra mile” when required. We work hard, but most importantly try to have have fun doing it. Our user-first support mentality puts people first and the underlying technology second, so you will need to have a friendly personality and enjoy working directly with users.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to learn new skills and build an amazing career in IT.
To be successful in your application you will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Strong interest in technology and a drive to learn
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and work systematically to find a solution
- A friendly and confident personality who can relate well with others
- Consistent attention to detail
- High level of English communication skills; both written and oral, including the ability to document technical proposals and solutions, and communicate with customers using a helpdesk ticketing system
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team
The main duties of the role include:
- Working directly with students and staff at the schools to support their IT needs
- Documenting your work accurately and efficiently
- Supporting onsite server and network infrastructure
- Working within a small team to develop IT strategies and procedures
You may also have other duties based on the needs of the business.
As this is a support role working across a network of schools and travel between campuses may be required, you must also:
- Be an Australian resident or have the right to work in Australia
- Have and maintain a Working with Children permit
- Hold a current drivers license and own a reliable car
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.