RS4017xs+ provides rock-solid storage solution with ultra-high performance at over 690,000 sequential read IOPS and 4,900 MB/s sequential read throughput1. DDR4 ECC UDIMM and 10GbE connectivity guarantees data accuracy and performance for mission-critical environment.and scalability.
Robust scalability and reliability
Storage capacity of RS4017xs+ can be further scaled up when connected to two Synology Expansion Unit RX1217 or RX1217RP2, providing a total drive number of 40 without disrupting host services.
- Intel® Xeon D-1541 8-core processor
- 8 GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM, upgradable up to 64 GB
- Two 10GBase-T ports, optional 10GbE NIC support
- 3U chassis design, 16 SATA drive bays
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 160 TB (10 TB HDD x 16) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units: 400 TB (10 TB HDD x 40) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
Fully certified storage virtualization solutions
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Btrfs: Next generation storage efficiency
Btrfs file system introduces the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention